Yesterday we could get away with little or no warm up, as the first 7 minutes of Filthy Fifty (up until the knees to elbows) was a warm up in itself. Today, however make sure you limber up your hips and shoulders and back; so you can move well. It seems like people do their backs in when the weight is light because they under-estimate the total volume. If you've got a sensitive back, I highly recommend you go with the Tiger strand today.
Hopefully you'll enjoy today's workout...because I know I won't....as those burpees come around again and again mighty fast. We usually do a workout called Air Force, but that's just one round for time. That workout also had simpler movements and it seems to be too easy for the fit and absolutely terrible for the unfit. So I thought I would amend the original workout by making it also an AMRAP as well. That way the fit peeps are also punished equally.
1) PHOENIX Strand - Air Force Commander
21 Clean and Jerks (40/30kgs)
21 Power Snatches
21 Overhead Squats
21 Thrusters21 Squat cleans
* at the beginning of every minute, do 4 burpees
* two scores: firstly the time you take to finish 1 round. secondly total number of overall reps, excluding burpees
21 Hang Cleans (Pick Load up to 35/25kgs)
21 Shoulder Presses
21 Back Squats
* at the beginning of every minute, do 3 burpees
2) Strength - Every thirty seconds for 5 minutes: 1-5 strict toes-to-bar